Windows LTSC

If you have clicked on this post, I am assuming you know what is Windows Operating System and have once used it in your life. If I have to give you a gist of this blog then it is that Windows LTSC is better than its consumer oriented version. 

Windows LTSC is targeted mainly towards businesses but you can get it into your hands if you know how to sail a ship or boat. I have been using Windows 10 LTSC IOT for more than a year now as my main operating system, after ditching Linux for good. So, I think I am in a great position to review the LTSC. 

The good things which I have discovered during my use are:

  • Fast
  • No Bloatware
  • Low memory consumption as well as cpu

It is faster than the Windows 10 Pro as it doesn't have "shiny" features Pro comes with. LTSC is the pretty bare bone Windows version and you will not get the MS Store apps or any other apps already installed as it doesn't come with MS Store pre-installed but you can install it later on, like I did. Lower amount of installed software makes it faster than the Windows Pro which comes with the bloatware pre-installed.

Because of no bloatware installed it naturally uses less memory and CPU which makes it fast if you use only essential or legacy software. I only have 4GB ram in my computer and I can run almost all the essential software like Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, Adobe Photoshop 2019 without any hiccups. 

Other than that it is pretty much the same experience like Windows 10 Pro. The selling point of the LTSC is, its IOT version gets 10 years of security update. So if you are still on Windows 10 Pro or Home and your PC is not compatible with Windows 11 then LTSC is your best friend and you'll get to keep your perfectly running computer for six more years.

 

Links:

Download Windows LTSC: https://massgrave.dev/windows_ltsc_links

Download Microsoft Store: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9wzdncrfjbmp?hl=en-US&gl=IN

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Qehwa: A drink to cure cold symptoms

2026 is NOT the Year of Linux