The Redbubble Experience

This is not a "How to make $100,000/month from Redbubble" post. I am writing this to share my experience of running a Redbubble shop for six months.

Redbubble is a marketplace where you upload your design and their team print it on the tees, stickers, badges etc., on demand. And you get paid your share of the sales at the month end. I made my shop in the late January this year (2026), my shop's niche/theme was Linux where I uploaded cool/witty Linux sticker designs. In the beginning, I used to upload 2-3 designs/day and by March, 2026 I had 90 designs in total. 

In February, I received no impressions and sales, at this time I was uploading consistently and in the mid March I got my first sales and at the month end I ended up with $5 after all the fees and deductions. I also used ChatGPT for SEO and tags in the start for 3-4 designs but after that I used my own strategy with the tags and SEO.

There are two types of tags in Redbubble. Main tag and Normal tag. In the main tag you can only write a single keyword/tag which describes your design and you can upload up-to 14 tags in the normal ones. I used to change the main tag for the new designs and used to keep the normal ones same for all my other designs. By that way, all my designs were linked with each other and used to rank together (This strategy increased my sales volume). 

As I told earlier, I received no impressions and sales in the month I was uploading, but once the algorithm picked up my keywords and designs I was making around $10/month. All this time I haven't promoted my designs and used other platforms to bring in the impressions or sales (I made Pinterest and Instagram account at the beginning but I uploaded nothing there, as it was too much work).

I stopped uploading the designs in the mid march after my 1st sale because my college classes resumed and I got busy with the projects and assignments. All the designs which uploaded in the February were generating sales till I deleted my shop/account (It deserve its own page, which I will write in the future).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows LTSC

Qehwa: A drink to cure cold symptoms

2026 is NOT the Year of Linux